I’ll get to posting once a week eventually.
Just had my first week of school, with a slightly more relaxing 12 units this semester. Three computer art classes, and a humanities course. Lovely. So far I’ve learned the following:
- There is a LOT of work for web design. For the class I’m taking, the professor has said there’s 10-20 hours per week. Insanity ensues.
- I finally get to read Fahrenheit 451. That should be fun, right?
- I’m already afraid of motion graphics, especially when there’s a program involved that’s WAY too expensive for me to buy.
- I’m going to find the side of graphic design I don’t like: printing.
Meanwhile, I’m happy to announce that I’ve opened up a shop on CafePress for my entry into freelance design projects. Appropriately titled Project NuMan, the goal is to work on many types of jobs from websites to logos and much more. The shop’s aim is to promote the “brand” of Project NuMan, and to showcase work for my music project and any design concepts emailed to me. If you’re interested, feel free to check out the shop at http://www.cafepress.com/projectnuman (I’ll put a link on top for future reference as well). If you have a concept you’d like to see on merchandise, check the info out at the shop.
Speaking of my music project, I am currently working slowly but surely on music for Alex Kahrs, The Alexir. An explanation on the name: Alexir was a nickname a friend from high school gave me, which was then turned into The Alexir for my attempt at Christian rap. I’ve had it on hold for some time, but have started work again under the more full name to emphasize the two sides to my music; I like to rap, but I also like the process of writing “regular” songs with guitar. As I wrote before, my goal for 2011 is to have an album up by the end of the year…and I may be on my way to doing just that.
My work with the Boris Smile Community has really flourished since my last post, and I am just TWO songs away from getting every track for the current albums posted. I’m also in the process of working on other things for the site, and I can announce some major things planned in the future:
- We will be posting the lyrics to one track each day leading up to the release of My Love Powered By 10,000 Practice Amps. Twenty-three tracks on the album means “23 Days of Practice Amps”!
- The Beartooth EP and Rockets EP are already available to stream via CYLS Records’ Bandcamp site (which you can find HERE), but very soon the Boris Smile Community will make the early albums available on OUR site! That’s right Boris Smile fans, Chapter I and Young and it Feels so Good will be available to listen online in the near future! We’re hoping this will encourage our current fans to promote this wonderful music to a new generation as we continue to build the community that Boris Smile is all about.
Wow, this post was longer than I’d expected haha. Well, that about does it for now; I’ll have more updates for you soon.